Thursday, January 26, 2006

Random notes

Need to think about audience more, so I'm working on that. I think this will become the key element of the writing theory part.

Also, I need to define connectivism, emergent pedagogy and "secret term 1" better. I'm thinking a couple of paragraphs for each of those (in the proposal)

Meanwhile, the technology chapter is shaping up. I'm considering it sort of half handbook and half description of the system, i.e. scale-free network stuff. Hopefully that will lead me right into a full discussion of my take on pedagogy.

Also, I have to think more about the methods I'll use for analyzing the students' work and outcomes. I'm considering conducting interviews in addition to analyzing drafts and self-evaluations and surveys. This is a really interesting part. It will be interesting to see what the results are.

The middle two items are fairly easily accomplished and I plan to tackle them this weekend, beginning tomorrow morning. I hope, actually, to have a draft of the technology chapter by Sunday. Then, I need to rewrite the definitions of my terms in the proposal. Then, I can tackle audience--rewrite that part of the proposal. Then work on audience. All this needs to happen fairly quickly--like in a week.

Yowsa.

No comments: