Sunday, March 19, 2006

Coding and good writing

Today I have coded up one interview. I'm looking for other possible themes that I might consider. I will have two other people look at the interviews and code them. The rest of my work today will involve reading and thinking about how to approach the case studies I'm preparing. Tomorrow, I feel the need to do some writing, so I want to write up the background to the case study sections, discussing the class and its goals and the reasons I chose to do a case study in the first place.

Then, I'd like to start reading some material, also for that section, about what constitutes good writing. I just want to look at some of the available research and instruments that are often used to determine good writing. I have my own ideas of course, but it would be good to use some kind of evaluative measurement and/or research to back that up.

2 comments:

sgreenla said...

Are you familiar with Edward White, Teaching and Assessing Writing, 2E, Calendar Islands Publishers, Portland, Maine, 1998.

Laura said...

Ooh. No. That sounds like a good place to start. Thanks.