Monday, March 20, 2006

Waiting for the IRB

Well, I'm waiting for the IRB to approve my project. Gah!

While I'm waiting, I'm reading up on audience. I've decided to go ahead and tackle that chapter rather than the case study since it's possible I may not even be able to use it. Double gah!

Anyway, I just read an interesting article by Andrea Lunsford and Lisa Ede that re-examines their earlier article, "Audience Addressed, Audience Invoked." Some interesting critiques in there. I also read a couple of articles on qualitative research. The other article I read was a history of Computer Aided Instruction and Computer-Mediated communication. Also very interesting.

Tomorrow, I will focus strictly on audience articles and try to begin sketching out something that might be chapter outline. Maybe just a general brainstorming session.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad to see this blog! I am teaching web-based Tech Writing in the fall and plan to use blogs. What I am really interested in is audience--I keep meaning to address it in my blog but end up putting it off. I look forward to reading your comments and hopefully contributing to the conversation in some useful way.
P.S. I did my undergrad in Arkansas (not U of A but a smaller school)--I have a fondness for the state. My toddler can "call the Hogs" now :)

Laura said...

Sarah,

Glad you found me. Hopefully, I'll have something interesting to say. :) Feel free to join in, of course.